Writer and Marketing Professional
Talented writer and marketing director with a passion for world class user- experience design, with the proven know-how to combine creative and usability viewpoints that result in world-class Web and print applications.
2013 – present J Maze Consulting: Lead (and only) Content Creator and Digital Strategist
Providing sound advice and implementation of cost effective marketing solutions for small businesses. Creating a digital strategy and content creation and marketing plan for and event planning company that sponsors events throughout New England. Creating email campaigns, copy writing, Facebook advertising, Search Engine Optimization and web site design and/or edits for clients while keeping within tight budget and time limitations.
2000-2013 J Maze Design LLC: President, Creative Director, Business Manager
Lead and managed a small team that consisted of creative and technical members. Charged with providing extraordinary customer service, above average quality products all while maintaining a small business budget. Built a large network of connections with business professionals, creatives, government leaders that are still maintained today. J Maze Design LLC was deemed a company to watch after only 3 years of business, then went on to be recognized as a small business of the year.
- Published Author : Business NH Magazine, NSAA magazine, Business NH Review, Yahoo Contributor, Living Social copy writer, content creator for a wide variety of mediums and industries.
- Highlighted Speaker: For marketing purposes became a speaker within the ski industry to educate and ultimately promote, the Ski PRISM CMS system.
- Designed high-impact, user-centered marketing campaigns with strong emotional appeal, sophisticated production values and intuitive navigation to maximize user engagement and cement powerful brand identities.
- Skilled in working with others and individually with a positive outlook, while focusing on goals and initiatives.
- Proven results in designing and implementing successful campaigns that are effective and innovative, yet stay within budget.
- Creative project manager and effective communicator both oral and written.
- Created an industry changing software product that incorporated a subscription for reoccurring sales or commissioned based ecommerce for the ski industry. UX design for ecommerce was highly commended by the ski industry and is still replicated today by the competition.
Recognitions and Awards
- Small Business of the Year Pinnacle
- Young Professional of the Month
- Emerging Young Entrepreneur
- International Communicator Award (2x)
- Published Author: Business NH Magazine, NH Business Review, Yahoo Contributor, Living Social, NSAA Magazine
- Presenter and Instructor: Responsive web design, mobile technology, digital strategies, graphic design
- Panel Member: Business Insiders Round Table Discussion regarding the future of Concord by Business NH Magazine as the Young Professional advocate for Concord
- Judge: Internet Advertising Web Awards
- Volunteer/board member, Kimball Jenkins Estate
- Committee member, The Greater Concord of Chamber of Commerce
- One of the founding members: Concord Young Professionals Network
- President, Christa McAuliffe School PTO
- Coach, various youth athletic programs
- Participant, Concord networking events and community sponsored events (Market Days, Midnight Merriment, Business After Hours, etc.)
Southern New Hampshire University Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Computer Science 2000.
New Hampshire Technical Institute Certificate in Web design and development 1998.
Conferences for further education
- An Event Apart – web design standards, CSS, layout, UX Design, Front End Design
- HOW Design Conference – graphic design, print design
- Web Design World – web strategies and standards, marketing, search engine optimization
- Search Engine Strategies – search engine standards, white hat practices, search engine marketing, generalized search engine best practices
- New Hampshire/Vermont Marketing Association Annual Conference (3x)